For wool products, dry cleaning is better. However, your wool blanket can be washed at home.
- Use a special program for wool in your washing machine and a special detergent for washing wool.
- Always use the cold water cycle. Warm water will shrink the wool.
- Do not use the spin cycle. Put down your blanket or throw the water in the car.
- Do not dry in the washing machine! Hang the blanket outside, but keep it out of direct sunlight. After a while, turn the blanket/cover to the other side to prevent stretching.
- Gently scrub the wool blanket with a soft-bristled brush.